Eco-friendly labeling technology
IML is probably the most sustainable labeling technology for fast moving consumer goods bottles. It allows:
- Bottle weight reduction
- 100% HDPE mono-component bottles to make recycling easier and increase PCR resin availability
- No glue residues that disturb recycling process.
- No silicone release liner waste to landfill
- Best greenhouse gas emission, low water consumption and non-renewable energy use
Additional input about sustainability: follow- us on linkedin.
Polyart is a leading brand for IML at bottle manufacturers around the world. We offer a unique range of IML grades specifically engineered for the extrusion blow-molding process :
- Suitable for a wide range of operating temperatures
- Anti-static for easy printing and performant “pick and place”
- Dimensional stability ensures even application of the label
- Improve efficiency during blow molding (shorter cycle time)
- Polyethylene base 100% compatible for PE & PP containers
- Very effective on large containers labels
- Low orange peel
- Blister free
Full IML range on our Polyart brochure
A key asset for a circular economy, In Mold Labeling (IML), the most sustainable labeling technology
What is IML (In-Mold Labeling) ?
It is the preferred decorating technique for leading brands in categories such as: Laundry & Home Care, Mustard, Ketchup, Vegetable Oils, Motor Oil, Shampoos … The IML technology is lean and efficient: the label is placed in the open mold and becomes an integral part of the container after blow molding. There is no extra step and energy wasted to fix the label, thus limiting GHG emissions. The bottle is ready to be filled, sealed, packed and shipped without the labeling bottle neck. IML simply requires the extrusion blow molding machines to be equipped with a robotic arm, usually available or simple to install. It is highly cost efficient.
View the IML blow molding process on a shuttle machine